With over 25 years experience in the Prosthetics and Orthotics industry, John is ready to be in a Community of Care that Cares for Community.
Strong, decisive John enjoys the art of knife-making, the science of sound, Measured Intensity Training, roller skating and dreaming big. He deeply loves his family. He and his vivacious wife, Susan, have been together over 30 years. After a cancer journey in 2016, oldest son Samuel has recovered and is, so far, cancer free! Clever Katherine and quick-witted Thomas keep John on his toes, making him laugh and maybe contributing to a few gray hairs in his beard.
“Restoring Limbs, Restoring Lives. That is what my Sunshine Prosthetics Team desires to do. I manage a prosthetics company that cares for people by making artificial legs. Even in this first-world nation, many do not get prosthetic care. My heart is for finding patients who are health-challenged and neglected, who have been overlooked, and care for them. I want to teach others to do the same, with all of us acting as agents of hope, creating real results and changed lives.”
- 1986-1987 Attended Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pa
- 1989 Graduated with B. A. in Economics from Furman University in Greenville, SC
- 1994 Completed Orthotics Certificate Program at Northwestern University Prosthetic-Orthotic Center in Chicago, IL
- 1997 Completed Prosthetics Certificate Program at Northwestern University Prosthetic-Orthotic Center in Chicago, IL
- Former state of Florida lower extremity specialist for NovaCare and Hanger
We are HERE TO HELP!